Just before I start, if you haven't heard of Food Gawker, then stop reading this, and go there right NOW!
Okay, now that that's over and done with, I can begin!
The amazing Food Gawker <3 It has the most beautiful pictures of bread, cakes, cupcakes, brownies, chocolate, any good tasting food thing ever, and links them back to the original website/blog! Such a good, simple idea, and I love it!
The reason I am writing this, is because I have found the best recipe on there, and I needed to share it with you! It is a chocolate melt-in-the-middle pudding, which you can whip up in the space of a few minutes, cook in the microwave (yes, the microwave!) and tastes sososo good!
These puddings are so simple to make, and taste divine!
The original recipe was in american cups, so I converted them into grams, and made it for 3 people instead of 2!
48g plain flour
48g cocoa powder
big pinch of salt
48 ml milk
48g melted butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
50g chocolate chips (preferably milk or white, and you can do more!)
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add the milk, melted butter, eggs ad vanilla. Use a whisk to beat it all together, into a smooth, quite runny consistency.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture between 3 microwavable cups. Each of my "Falcon's School" mugs hold 6 fluid ounces, and that is about the right amount.
- Microwave the cups together, on the highest setting for 2 minutes. be careful though, because my highest setting is 900 watts, so make sure you adjust the time accordingly.
- Make sure you leave to puddings to rest before you eat them, and sprinkle with a bit of icing sugar!
Also, mine bubbled up over the edge of the cup, so you might want to put them on a plate when you're microwaving them!
Thanks for reading :)